DATE AND TIME
- Wed, November 2, 2016
- 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM PDT
- Come to the PyDSLA November Meetup to hear talks from the community!
In the last month, the organizers of the PyDSLA Meetup sent out a call for speakers, and the community answered with a number of great members coming forward willing and able to talk about some of the cool ways they are using the Python Data Science ecosystem to do cool stuff.
Talks are still being finalized, but be prepared for an evening with at least 4-5 speakers from companies ranging from OpenMail to Domino Data Lab. Keep your eyes on this event as speakers will be finalized. The current list of speakers includes (this may change before the day of the event):
- Eduardo Ariño de la Rubia – Chief Data Scientist at Domino Data Lab speaking about Keras, deep learning made kinda easy I guess
- Josiah Carlson – VP of Technology at OpenMail talking his recently open sourced data pipeline tool jobs.py
- Neal Fultz – Principal Data Scientist at OpenMail
- Roozbeh Davari – Data Scientist at The Honest Company speaking about Embracing the Noise: Using Bootstrapping For Improving ML Model Predictions
- Albert Hamood – Data Scientist at The Honest Company speaking about Predicting User Behavior Using Ensemble Learning
- Annie Flippo – Sr. Data Scientist at AwesomenessTV speaking about natural language processing in python
- Joshua Cook – Senior Python Engineer at ParkMe talking about a system for distributed processing in Python
The talks will be short punchy talks, designed to get good information disseminated in the community, and get you more productive and excited about new tools and techniques! Full speaker bios to follow!
– 6:30pm arrival, food/drinks and networking
– 7:30pm introductions, main talk
– 8:30pm or 9 p.m. – networking and conversation
– 10:00pm closing
You must have a confirmed RSVP and please arrive by 7:25pm the latest. Please RSVP here on Eventbrite.
Venue: Venice Arts, 1702 Lincoln Boulevard
Thanks OpenMail for being our amazing sponsors!